Joining AEAV means you’re part of one Australia’s most powerful unions, with 150,000 fellow members standing beside you. You have the back up and support you need so you can win at work. Being a member means:
A strong voice at work
Being a union member gives you the power to have a say about your job, your industry and your life. It means you can work with other members to ensure you are valued and respected for your skills and hard work. And you can join in and help shape our campaigns to make sure your voice is heard.
Need support at work?
Our union officials are experts in workplace rights, health and safety, understanding contracts, problems with pay, legal jargon, and more, and we can support you in meetings too. If you need back up at work, call (03) 9287 1713 or email us: email@example.com
Professional Indemnity Insurance
All financial United Workers Union members employed as ambulance personnel are covered by the United Workers Union Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy. Professional Indemnity Insurance will give you the peace of mind needed to know that if someone in your care is accidentally hurt, you are protected. Find out more.
Private health cover
AEAV is pleased to introduce NIB as our preferred private health cover provider. If you are with our old health plan, or with another insurer, contact NIB for a quick transfer to their scheme. Ph: 1800 13 14 63
Other health and welfare
- Swanston Street Medical Centre provides affordable Dental, Medical and Optical services with a 25% discount to members
- Reduced cost dentistry is available through the Unident Dental Plan - call (03) 9822 8986 for a dentist near you
- Australian Unions Member Benefits check out their excluisve offers including gift cards, movies, wine, car hire, tyres, cars etc
Banking and finance
- AEAV Income Protection Scheme: automatic acceptance for new members, follow link for more details
- Australian Consulting working with AEAV members to develop personal investment strategies since 2006. They can assist members with home & investment property ownership; cash flow & budget analysis; and much more. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 03 9607 5333 for more information.
- ME Bank provides home and personal loans, bank accounts & credit cards
Emergency Services & State Superannuation Esssuper for emergency service employees
- Next Step Financial Strategies offer accountancy and financial advice services, including home & personal loans
- David Eddy Partners provide a specialised accountancy service for United Workers Union members including tax returns
- For our free will service call (03) 9287 1713
The AEAV retains Maurice Blackburn for our legal referrals. We also have industrial lawyers on staff to assist you with your workplace matter. For more information contact the AEAV office on (03) 9287 1713.