A significant proportion of AV employees have little faith in the PCU and AV’s processes when investigating complaints. To date concerns raised by members include:
- A lack of transparency about decision making,
- Process is not consistently applied or expedient,
- Respondents treated as guilty until proven innocent,
- Investigations influenced by political agenda,
- Complainant and respondent welfare is routinely overlooked,
- Investigations subject to actual or perceived bias by managers.
We understand the impact the PCU and disciplinary actions can have on your career and wellbeing so the AEAV is committed to holding AV to account. You can help us fix these issues by contributing your good and bad stories about interactions with the PCU and the managers tasked with investigating cases. Your experiences will assist us in developing our campaign priorities. Your identity will remain confidential and facts regarding your case will only be used with your approval.