If you are covered by the Ambulance Victoria Enterprise Agreement 2020, Ambulance Victoria can change your roster by giving at least 28 days’ notice of the change. However, AV cannot change your regular roster without having consulted with you about the proposed change.
Your right to consultation
Under the Agreement, where AV is proposing to introduce a change to your regular roster AV is required to consult with you about the proposed change.
What does consultation involve?
The requirement to consult means AV must:
- Inform you about the proposed roster change as soon as possible after the proposal has been made;
- Inform you about the likely effects of the proposed roster change;
- Give you the opportunity to present your views on the proposed roster change including the impact on any family and caring responsibilities;
- Give you the opportunity to raise any issues with personal and family circumstances; and
- Give genuine consideration to your views.
Changes to rosters can also affect occupational health and safety and require consultation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004. Consultation under the OHS Act requires that HSR’s are specifically consulted about the change.
What do I do if I have an issue with a proposed roster change?
If you feel AV has failed to comply with its consultation obligations, or has unreasonably refused to accommodate your parent or carer responsibilities, please contact the AEAV immediately to discuss your options.
If you have any queries in relation to this matter or would like assistance and support regarding consultation, please contact the AEAV on 03 9287 1713.
The fact sheet is downloadable at the link below.