ESTA had scheduled a CAD upgrade, that requires reverting to manual operations, for the night of Wednesday the 7th of April 2021. A decision was made by ESTA at the final post to not proceed. The next possible date for the upgrade is 13 April 2021. With the increase in workload over recent months leading to an escalation to Code Orange on most days, there are significant concerns regarding welfare of staff if ESTA get it wrong.
During the last UCC we raised concerns about the impact of Manual Ops under these circumstances and were advised that the update would not be going ahead if it was “too busy”.
AEAV wrote to ESTA in the days leading up to 7 April 2021 to voice members concerns and to clarify what factors would be considered in making the decision to proceed or not.
You can read more here –